Instagram Shots

Wednesday, May 17

Review: TONY MOLY The Chok Chok Green Tea Watery Cream

Hey all!

TONY MOLY The Chok Chok Green Tea Watery Cream Moisturizer Korean Kbeauty

I swear my blog posts these days are so focused on product reviews because I've bought so much from my Seoul Trip that I couldn't even finish testing them out yet! However today I'll introduce TONY MOLY The Chok Chok Green Tea Watery Cream. I just realized that I've bought so many products from Tony Moly!

The story behind this TONY MOLY The Chok Chok Green Tea Watery Cream was that Seo Kangjoon became the ambassador for Tony Moly and boy- I have a weak spot for this handsome man. Honestly, I wasn't planning to purchase this TONY MOLY The Chok Chok Green Tea Watery Cream at all but- you'll see why. Scroll down!

TONY MOLY The Chok Chok Green Tea Watery Cream Moisturizer Korean Kbeauty

His face was on the box packaging! /screams/ I was looking to buy some moisturizers and when I saw his face on the packaging, I pondered for some time before giving in and bought this cream for 21,000won! I actually bought the 100ml jar which came with a bottle of toner as a free gift :D

I don't even know if I'll like it or have I read any reviews online but I just bought it because of his face on the packaging. Girls, this is how advertising works.

TONY MOLY The Chok Chok Green Tea Watery Cream Moisturizer Korean Kbeauty

I've been using TONY MOLY The Chok Chok Green Tea Watery Cream actively every day and night for 1 week now, after my unfortunate experience with COSRX One Step Moisture Up Pad.

And the result is that; I LOVE IT.

This TONY MOLY The Chok Chok Green Tea Watery Cream is amazing. It works wonders on my face! Perfect! Girls, I think I've found the perfect moisturizer/cream for my skin.
*Note: I have dehydrated-oily skin

TONY MOLY The Chok Chok Green Tea Watery Cream Moisturizer Korean Kbeauty

TONY MOLY The Chok Chok Green Tea Watery Cream Moisturizer Korean Kbeauty

TONY MOLY The Chok Chok Green Tea Watery Cream Moisturizer Korean Kbeauty

TONY MOLY The Chok Chok Green Tea Watery Cream claims to:

  1. Highly concentrated moisturizing cream keeps skin moisturized and clear.
  2. Contains purely 100% green tea ferment extract.
  3. Makes skin look clear and revitalized by forming a moisture film over the skin with smooth finish.
  4. Delivers excellent anti-oxidant & moisture storing effects.

What exactly is fermented green tea? 
Basically, the green tea goes through a one-year natural fermentation process. Fermented green tea have amazing anti-oxidants and it has better moisture lock compared to fresh green tea. Fermented green tea protects the skin from harmful environmental factors and keeps the skin hydrated.

TONY MOLY The Chok Chok Green Tea Watery Cream Moisturizer Korean Kbeauty

I can testify that it does more than what it claims to do! I'm actually very impressed by this cream! Usually moisturizers or creams take a long time to be absorbed into my skin. Or they even leave my skin feeling sticky but not this TONY MOLY The Chok Chok Green Tea Watery Cream!

After the application, it absorbs almost immediately, about 1-2 minutes. And it feels so airy and light on my skin as if I didn't have anything applied which is what I've always wanted!

TONY MOLY The Chok Chok Green Tea Watery Cream Moisturizer Korean Kbeauty

Although it's a watery cream, it is very supple and does not run down everywhere. It's rather cooling and has a rather strong green tea scent.

TONY MOLY The Chok Chok Green Tea Watery Cream Moisturizer Korean Kbeauty

TONY MOLY The Chok Chok Green Tea Watery Cream Moisturizer Korean Kbeauty

See the magic going on there? Yes.

The finish is almost flawless. It doesn't feel sticky or muggy but rather very smooth and velvety. It provides a very refreshing feeling as well.

I love how I can use this cream before starting my base makeup routine as it makes the application for my base makeup much easier! Honestly it felt like the moisture was almost not enough but trust me, it is.

Skin type:
All skin types but strongly recommended for oily skin. People will dry skin would need something more hydrating than this cream.

When to use:
Use this cream as the final step of your skin care routine. You may use it day and night. However I recommend these steps as how I used it:

Day: Basic skin care - TONY MOLY The Chok Chok Green Tea Watery Cream - Base makeup/sunscreen

Night: Basic skin care - TONY MOLY The Chok Chok Green Tea Watery Cream - Heavier moisturizer or night cream - sleeping mask

Scent:
It smells rather strongly of green tea. It was shocking to me at first because I expected something less pungent but I got used to it.

Packaging: 
Seo Kangjoon on the box, 'nuff said. But really, it has a flimsy seal which I threw it away as the jar can be screwed close tightly to avoid bacteria and dust getting in however it didn't come with a spatula!

Pros:
  • Satin and velvety finish
  • Plenty of hydration properties
  • Absorbs really fast
  • Refreshing feeling
Cons:
  • Doesn't come with a spatula
Repurchase? 
HECK YEAH

The verdict:
I love this product. It's almost perfect for me and I'm really glad I actually got tempted into buying it or else I would not have been able to discover how amazing TONY MOLY The Chok Chok Green Tea Watery Cream is. Definitely will be stuck using this moisturizer or cream forever.

TONY MOLY The Chok Chok Green Tea Watery Cream Moisturizer Korean Kbeauty

Get yours at: Style Korean

2 comments:

  1. interesting product.
    actually I like korean brand skin care and make up.
    but the price is way more expensive in my country :(.

    I use some of tony moly product and really love it ^^.

    nice review anyway.

    http://kireinoclouds2.blogspot.co.id/

    ReplyDelete

Leave a sweet comment