Instagram Shots

Thursday, July 23

Review: tonymoly my sunny sunblock

tonymoly my sunny sunblock review korea seoul sun

What is the most important item when you're out playing under the sun during summer?

Sunblock, of course!

You don't want to get sunburned from playing outside all day, right? 
Especially in Korea where the sun is blazing and very humid/hot during the summer.


I thought Malaysia's weather is bad but summer in Korea is worse! 

So, let's introduce my friend who helps me from getting sunburned and keeps my skin glowing under the sun

tonymoly my sunny sunblock review korea seoul sun

tonymoly my sunny sunblock review korea seoul sun

tonymoly my sunny sunblock review korea seoul sun

When i bought this sunblock, it was on a promotion: 1 sunblock cream + 1 sunspray

The salesperson pretty much told me to apply the sunblock after moisturizer and the sunspray goes on after you completed your makeup.

However the sunspray seems too heavy on my face and it leaves a white powder-ish layer.

Currently i only use the sunspray when my makeup is running very oily or just for touch-ups when i'm outside. It isn't an ideal size to carry about but it fits in my tote bag so why not?

tonymoly my sunny sunblock review korea seoul sun


tonymoly my sunny sunblock review korea seoul sun

tonymoly my sunny sunblock review korea seoul sun
after sunblock

After applying the sunblock, it looks fairer and glows a little after letting it set. Also, it isn't sticky.


tonymoly my sunny sunblock review korea seoul sun
sun spray

tonymoly my sunny sunblock review korea seoul sun
After putting on sunblock and sunspray

Whenever i put on sunblock, i would minimized my BB Cream as the sunblock provides me with enough coverage. I'd only apply BB cream to balance the colorization of my face.

Take note that i have oily skin so i really dislike putting on sunblocks because it makes my skin irritated but this one has been working fine so far.


Pros:   ♢ cheap/afforable
           ♢ has a nice orange-ish smell
           ♢ helps with coverage
           ♢ sunspray is not greasy
           ♢  non-sticky

Cons:  ♢ sunspray leaves powdery layer on skin
           ♢  using too much would look unnatural on face
       
Do you have any sunblock to recommend for oily skin? please drop a comment!

loves

6 comments:

  1. This sunblock sounds pretty decent! Thank you for the very honest review, Melody! :) Have you tried the Biore watery essence sunscreen? The blue tube! IT'S SO GOOD! :O
    Junniku blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by!
      ooh~! i'll make sure to look into that!

      Mellie

      Delete
  2. Oooo im glad this works for your skin :) I have oily skin too but i really hate using sunblock hahaha
    never heard of a sunspray though but that's a pretty cool concept!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i can totally feel you ;n; i avoid using sunblock whenever i can but i get sunburned easily especially under the harsh blazing sun in korea ;;

      Mellie

      Delete
  3. I've been to Korea recently and the tour guide said that Koreans love their sun block! That's why I picked up my own. But this looks nice, I'd love the coverage even with just sunblock!

    -Bee
    www.beekyoote.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Melody! I'm new here and I love your detailed explanations :) Nature Republic sunblocks are pretty good and soothing. They have aloe in them, but it does make you kinda white and ghost like. LOL I use the waterproof one. Hope to see more sunscreen reviews. NYC bound.
    Cindy C. http://cccream-is-cindy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Leave a sweet comment