Friendship of all colors

by - April 01, 2015



Today is the day where my super duper really close friends leave Seoul. Two of them. It saddens me so much we're crying together when we say our goodbyes. Goodbyes are always difficult.

What made it worse is that you know you'll never be able to see them again. Never. You'll realize the harsh truth is that when you're so far from each other, their live moves on and so do yours. A little by little... soon the friendship might cease as well.

The friends that i made in Seoul has been with me through ups and downs, cheer me on in my darkest times, be with me whenever i need them and cared for me like a family.

The moment i wake up, we're always together until the moment i go to bed. The crazy times we shared will always be a part of my memories now.

Even if we do not speak the same language or come from the same culture, we've been really close friends. It was thanks to them i was able to enjoy myself in Seoul. It was thanks to them i learned to be a better person.

Our meeting was short, 6 months only but we made such a great team! We'd call ourselves the Fantastique4. It was an impromptu name that one of us came up with.

Today i had to send them off to the airport, as tiring as it seems /i made 2 round trips to the airport/ i felt like i had to do it. I had to say goodbye and see them off.

I have never cried in public, but today i cried. I hugged on to my friends and told them to not go. Even if we remain friends, we know it's going to be different.

However they are not friends that i would ever forget. Even if i grow old, i'd look back and smile thinking about the crazy things we'd do.

“Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.” ― Anaïs NinThe Diary of Anaïs Nin, Vol. 1: 1931-1934

You May Also Like

4 comments

  1. so sweet and sad.. some friendship cannot be measured by time but with depth and love you bring to each other <3
    I wish you will be together again soon and hang out once again :')
    This made me miss my friends I left home ;;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for dropping a comment! and i really do hope it'll be possible for me to meet them again.

      Mellie,
      http://themelliediaries.blogspot.kr/

      Delete
  2. Argh so sad :( But I know this feeling all too well, my friend just went back to Korea so suddenly without saying goodbye to anyone, guess he didn't want to make it seem like he was saying goodbye forever? Not sure.
    I make a lot of international friends and I've seen a lot of them leave but I'll never get used to the emptiness it leaves me, thankfully most of them live in the same area and country so if I got a chance to travel, I'd defiantly want to see them again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's really nice your friends are living nearby, i hope you get to see your friends again!

      Mellie,
      http://themelliediaries.blogspot.kr

      Delete

Leave a sweet comment