White Day!

by - March 15, 2015

Hey lovelies, yesterday /14 March/ is White Day in Korea!

What is White Day? Well, White Day is a day when guys give candies to girls they like! It's sort of like Valentines Day but it's the opposite where on Valentines Day, girls give the guys chocolate and on White Day, vice versa!

Yes, one of Korea's many couple holidays /groans

Anyways who needs a guy to celebrate this day? I celebrated with my friends by going 

s h o p p i n g 

Girls do what girls do best; shopping.

My friends and i decided to drop by Myeongdong 명동 to do our shopping. As much as i know that its a tourist area, i think this is honestly the best place to shop. Food, cosmetics, clothes, shoes, etc. Everything is here!

I have been planning to get some stuffs for a while and it is a great chance for me to grab them all!


white day korea seoul food cosmetic etude house h&m spao dairy seoul

white day korea seoul food cosmetic etude house h&m spao dairy seoul

white day korea seoul food cosmetic etude house h&m spao dairy seoul

white day korea seoul food cosmetic etude house h&m spao dairy seoul


The day's outfit! It's finally warmer; a sign that spring is coming~ So i wore a skirt but it's still 5°c outside. I really can't wait to be wearing spring clothes /sob

And the day's makeup is my casual day-out makeup! /tutorial coming soon~

white day korea seoul food cosmetic etude house h&m spao dairy seoul

white day korea seoul food cosmetic etude house h&m spao dairy seoul

white day korea seoul food cosmetic etude house h&m spao dairy seoul

Now, on with the day~

Since it's White Day, candies are sold everywhere and couples are EVERYWHERE /eye twitches
but it's fine, couples don't really go Myeongdong because it's swarmed with tourists.

white day korea seoul food cosmetic etude house h&m spao dairy seoul

white day korea seoul food cosmetic etude house h&m spao dairy seoul


Anyways, we dropped by SPAO which is a korean clothing brand. I never have any favorite korean clothing brands but i think SPAO is really good. It is rather on the pricey side, but when they have sales it's crazy cheap and affordable!  

Also, they do hire pretty cute boys to work in there /giggles
I was planning to get a bagpack but i ended up buying a blouse and a pair of skirt... 

Next was H&M, how can one walk pass H&M and never pop in just to look around? My friend wanted to get some boots so i went in and again, SALES SALES SALES. I was so easily persuaded into buying a skirt that was on sale /cries

white day korea seoul food cosmetic etude house h&m spao dairy seoul
I have never tried pairing a Bomber Jacket with a more feminine style skirt and blouse, what do you think?

I never really used any eyeshadow so i decided to pop in Etude House for their eyeshadow~ And also other cosmetic shops just because you know.. just girls being girls.

white day korea seoul food cosmetic etude house h&m spao dairy seoul


And i got myself a neat pair of sneakers! I've been always wanting to get a pair since mine was totally worn out. I have been eyeing this one pair from Fila for some time and i finally got it!

white day korea seoul food cosmetic etude house h&m spao dairy seoul fila sneakers


This sums up my shopping spree in a day! My friends and i headed back to Edae for dinner in a Mexican food joint. At first i was a little reluctant because.. mexican food in korea? really? 

But turns out it is super duper yummy!  I got myself a baked tortilla(?) with mexican rice, cheese and beef. Everything blends so well together and the cheese, wow..

white day korea seoul food cosmetic etude house h&m spao dairy

Definitely going back there again!

This pretty much sums up my White Day. Quite satisfying i might say. 


How did you spend your weekends~?

Até amanhã




You May Also Like

11 comments

  1. Looks like you had a great weekend, that burrito looks amazing :O Love your makeup look!

    Suzy
    pret-tea.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for dropping by~!

      Mellie
      http://themelliediaries.blogspot.kr/

      Delete
  2. Great post! This all sounds great~ ^^ I love your outfit and you're so pretty ;A:
    ~Kiyomi from kokorosasa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for dropping by~! ;u;

      Mellie
      http://themelliediaries.blogspot.kr/

      Delete
  3. aww you're soo pretty! I'm so excited to see your make up tutorial later ><

    btw.. do you mind to do follow each other on blog? So we can be updated with each other post ^^ just tell me if you want to, I'm gonna follow yours right away. hehe

    characlaire.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you ^^ i've added you to my gfc

      Mellie
      http://themelliediaries.blogspot.kr/

      Delete
  4. Shopping spree is always fun! :) Your outfit is super cute too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you~ c:

      Mellie
      http://themelliediaries.blogspot.kr/

      Delete
  5. Your outfit looks great! :) I love your sweater! Well, enjoying a day with your friends is always the best c: The color of the new skirt looks good!
    Jenny
    http://itsmeeejennyy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your feedback :) I love spending time with my friends especially when i'm far away from home.

      Mellie
      http://themelliediaries.blogspot.kr/

      Delete
  6. Looks like you were having a gorgeous weekend, girl. Love that striped sweater, beautiful. Lovely blog here btw! Would you like to follow each other on GFC? Please let me know on my blog so I can follow back. Thank you.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete

Leave a sweet comment